More evidence that LPS are still alive

This appeared on CNN.com this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/10/vinyl.records.ap/index.html

Great news!
tgrisham
Seems as though more and more folks "get it"...finally! This is indeed wonderful news for those that appreciate superior sound as opposed to convenience...long live vinyl. Now wouldn't it be strange if film cameras came back into fashion 25 years from now?
The Barnes and Noble store in Destin FL. have removed most of their CD's from their store. Why I asked? "Because there is no longer a demand for them", was the reply. DVD's are selling so they have taken over the store.

Good riddance to theis poor format.
In the area of pop, rock, perhaps jazz, vinyl seems to be in demand. In classical, I think not much, and for good reason.
This past weekend I picked up the Carnegie Hall Library of Classical Music (18 boxes with 5 lp's in each box) for $25 at an antique store. These are quality Deutsche Grammophon and Philips pressings from the '70's. Look to never have been played. At another antique store I picked up a dozen excellent quality lp's for a dollar each. Seven of these look to never have been played. At the third antique store I found 2 box sets of Archiv Produktion J.S.Bach sets, still with the obi. The recording dates on one lp is 1961. Looks to never have been played.I can see these finds will become harder and harder to find.
Abucktwoeight- Score! I think that as the older audiophiles have passed on, their children have simply dumped their LPs at these stores since all they know is CDs. That's good for us. There will be a point at which there will be no more old great LPs available. The great news for me is that if the demand continues to grow, so will the availablity of new pressings. The mastering engineers that I read of are horrified at the compression and distortion of the new releases on CD. Let's hope that, like the "Director's Cut" on DVD releases, that we will eventually have the "Recording Engineer's Cut" on LPs. I want to hear the way it sounded to them in the booth when the album was first recorded. A pipe dream maybe, but hey, reality is over-rated anyway, so I'd rather dream.