It is 5 AM, Do you Know where Mikey Fremer is?

At a garage sale, so Mikey tells us on his latest DVD. He must be the ultimate vinyl junkie, always looking for more, more, more. Are you part of his competition?

It appears the long ago, Mikey moved from one who just listens, to one who just collects for the 'just must have' but no time to listen school. Sad.

Does that describe you? What part of your music collection has never been listen to, 20%, 50%, more?
buconero117
I have about 2000+/- and probably have listened to 70% of them over the years. There are some albums I listen to at least 1/month and others only once. i average about 20/week so in a year, i will flip over 1000. Some weekends, i will go through 15 0r 20 if given the chance. There are not many nights that go by that i do not spin and I can not remember a solid week (unless I am on vacation for the entire week away from home) that i have not spinned records. Unfortunately, we have a great record outlet in Shreveport that has approx 20,000 lps and more 45's so i continually add
I have only heard the Ref 2 at CES this past week. I found the bottom end a bit fat and out of control, which is what I found on the PH7 too. I know because we brought the admittedly far more expensive Ypsilon VPS100 into the room (it was the Continuum room) to audition for the CEO of Atlantic Records and the difference was enormous--and the Ypsilon is also tubes. I liked much of what the ARC Ref 2 did, but if you have a full range system and a turntable that has deep, solid bass, i believe the Ref 2 will not provide you with all that your system and/or turntable can offer you. Just my opinion...
I agree with you on PH7 in a full range system Mike and sold mine for that reason, with not many hours. Just bought a Ref 2 and its away getting modified right now - will post how that turns out.
I heard what Ypsilon pre & power amps can do driving the big SoundLabs in Singapore with a Thales t/t set-up, made me think about my own system and how inadequate it sounded in some areas. Bit a out of my budget.
I don't know ,But I'm from EUROPE, and as far as I'm concerned such man as Fremer and Alan Pearson would deserve a monument from U.S.A. people . Have you any Idea of how much records U.S.A. dealers has sold in Europe thanks to them . I think that I've got at least 70% of Tas List records . Have you any Idea How much I've spent on those Tas and Fremer record 's list. Thousands dollars. Thousands dollars that ended in U.S.A. wallets. Do you Think I'm rare bird in Europe . I'm not, thousand collectors bought the records under Fremer and Pearson advise. How much is Thousands x Thousands .I've always appreciated their advise. I don't regret the money I've spent and nobody obliged me in doing so.Thanks Mr Fremer and Mr Pearson