Brinkmann Bardo

I just replaced a Clearaudio Avantgarde Magnum with a Brinkmann Bardo. Both had the Phantom tonearm II.

Wondering if anyone else has bought this table and what their thoughts are?

My initial impressions are that it grabs your attention and does not let you wander off in thoughts as you listen to music. Maybe a little less open then the Clearaudio, but more grounded and solid as a result.
I definitely like it more than the Balance, which I found to be too "damped" and a bit boring to listen too.

I also felt that changing the arm to the Graham resulted in a more profound change and improvement to the character of the system than the table swap.
dbjain
Downunder: "I certainly do not hear any of the so called negatives Brinkman have brought up in my two DD tables I currently have- just the opposite, then again I am not comparing to any $100 DD's either which I agree with Brinkman on."

It's all about YOUR turntables, all the other turntables under or at $100 are so beneath you, so not high end, regardless of what technology they use. The innovative Dual EDS motor or the Lenco tables were (or still are) all under $100 used at one point. Hey, if it's not about something you own, you obvious have no interest so what do you care.

_____
Lets not pick on Shane. He is justifiably infatuated with one of the best dd turntables of all time and surely one that is in the hunt for THE best. My only point is that there is more than one way to skin the cat. I have not (yet) heard a P3 in my system, but the L07D blows away my SP10 Mk2, and I will soon be able to say how it fairs against my SP10 Mk3. The similarity in approach between the L07D and the Bardo leads me to believe the latter must be superb as well, given the skill of manufacture and quality level exhibited by all other Brinkmann products. BTW, I have not measured, but I would estimate that it takes about 3 seconds for the L07D to reach 33 without the peripheral platter ring and record weight and about 5 seconds with them installed. But then, the L07D platter even with the augmentation is probably lower mass than that of the Bardo. I usually spend the time considering the meaning of life. I do agree that the Brinkmann "white paper" is very unfair to the vintage decks.
It was all in fun.

The P3 is a terrific product.

And it saves a lot of time. If you listened to 8 album sides every day for a month, there would be a 46.8 minute surplus using Shane's P3 vs. the Bardo.

Enough time to read one of these useless threads.

:-)))
But the Bardo-user will be that much closer to knowing the meaning of life.
Hi,

I crudely measured the start up time to about 8 seconds. For me, ti is not a big deal; the belt table I had before was just as slow to start up and the speed change on this table is very good. The speed stability is pretty excellent.