How is LAMM LP2 compares to the more recent phono

I am now using all LAMM pre/power and my LAMM dealer offers pretty good deal on the LAMM LP2 phono deluxe version for me. I understand that 5-7 years ago, it is considered one of the top phono available but have not heard much about it recently and wonder how it might stand up to the more recent phono unit such as ARC Ref2, AMR, Audio Valve, Rhea Signature or Audia Flight etc.
I plan to audition LP2 but other units will be a bit difficult to find and I may not be able to audition them all unfortunately.
Thanks for your comment
suteetat
Well, I tried Ortofon T100 today with Lamm MM input. The sound is richer, more saturated, bigger than with Lamm MC input. I thought Janzen is supposed to be very good as well but I do prefer Ortofon T100. Hmmmm..I wonder if Lamm is willing to make LP2 with just 2 MM input? :)
Well, I tried Ortofon T100 today with Lamm MM input. The sound is richer, more saturated, bigger than with Lamm MC input. I thought Janzen is supposed to be very good as well but I do prefer Ortofon T100.

When you do a "comparison", don't compare an Apple with a Banana:

LP2 Gain: MC 57.5dB, MM 37.5dB
Ortofon T 100: 26dB
LP2+T100: 63.5dB

Here are 6dB gain difference.
Lamm can modify the stock SUT's with stronger ones.
Dear Jtimothya, With an external SUT thru the MM input, the cartridge will almost surely not "see" 47K ohms. It will see 47K divided by the square of the turns ratio of the external SUT, whatever that turns out to be. I also think Thuchan and Syntax can have any phono stage they want and that they both prefer the Lamm to the ones you mention, but they will speak for themselves.
Gee Lew, wasn't the OP asking about other phono stages? Maybe relative value is irrelevant to the situation. Also I was curious about why an Audio Note step-up was significantly different that made it worth the choice over the native MC. Didn't seem like gain was an issue. My apologies if you were put off.
Syntax, yes, I realized that the gain will be different between the MC input and MM/Ortofon. For now, gain is not an issue for me as I certainly has enough volume with Lamm MC input. While I did not level match both input when I listened, I tried to set volume level to where I am comfortable listening.

I know Thuchan prefere using external SUT over Lamm internal SUT, I would like to hear your impression and opinion on external SUT with Lamm as well if you have one. Thanks.