Cambridge 640P Power Supply Upgrade

So I bought a Pangea P100 for my DACMagic (made it better)and figured, hey, one "wall wart" down, lets see if my 640P can use some improvement. So I ordered another Pangea (the name sounds like a holistic skin treatment, which I think there actually is). After a couple of days of use the Pangea PS seems to kick the 640P up to another level altogether...I now can highly recommend this cheap tweek. Interestingly (to me anyway), the stock 640P "wart" PS ran kinda warm and the P100 doesn't. I think that means something, doesn't it?
wolf_garcia
Given an asking price of $70 for aftermarket warts, Wonka's diy power supply looks like a no-brainer. If I understood correctly, all that project entails is to purchase the tranies and then plug the secondary to the equipment...
Quality power cords are paramount and one thing that I found improved the sound a lot was replacing the fuses I originally used with small push button breakers - and a nice case :-)

The first attempt was a 12v lighting transformer - it improved the sound a lot over the supplied units.

Once I had proved the improvements we're possible I then proceeded to use quality components across the board

If you are into DIY then it's fairly simple, otherwise go for the Pangea - it's a pretty good unit and will improve the sound over the supplied units from what I have read. They also provide a DC supply for the new dacmagic +.
Wolf - did you find that using the Pangea caused the 640p and the Dacmagic to run cooler?

My 640p is now at room temp (cool to the touch) and the dacmagic runs at about half the temp it used to.

Both units are powered on 24/7
Greg - the final upgrade was to replace all internal wiring with conductors from a piece of Furutech mains cable - I had originally used romex

Here's a link to the PS on my blog - the fuses have since been replaced by push button breakers

http://www.image99.net/blog/files/4fdd5db4b4e9a2eaef292e1de2c48117-26.html
Hey Hey Willie...It may be that they run cooler, although they didn't run very hot with the stock "warts"...they certainly run better though. My only compaint regards the super bright blue LEDs on the Pangeas, but I put a little tube headphone amp in front of them and it blocks the light from my eyeballs at my listening sweet spot.