Cambridge 640P Power Supply Upgrade

So I bought a Pangea P100 for my DACMagic (made it better)and figured, hey, one "wall wart" down, lets see if my 640P can use some improvement. So I ordered another Pangea (the name sounds like a holistic skin treatment, which I think there actually is). After a couple of days of use the Pangea PS seems to kick the 640P up to another level altogether...I now can highly recommend this cheap tweek. Interestingly (to me anyway), the stock 640P "wart" PS ran kinda warm and the P100 doesn't. I think that means something, doesn't it?
wolf_garcia
Wolf - did you find that using the Pangea caused the 640p and the Dacmagic to run cooler?

My 640p is now at room temp (cool to the touch) and the dacmagic runs at about half the temp it used to.

Both units are powered on 24/7
Greg - the final upgrade was to replace all internal wiring with conductors from a piece of Furutech mains cable - I had originally used romex

Here's a link to the PS on my blog - the fuses have since been replaced by push button breakers

http://www.image99.net/blog/files/4fdd5db4b4e9a2eaef292e1de2c48117-26.html
Hey Hey Willie...It may be that they run cooler, although they didn't run very hot with the stock "warts"...they certainly run better though. My only compaint regards the super bright blue LEDs on the Pangeas, but I put a little tube headphone amp in front of them and it blocks the light from my eyeballs at my listening sweet spot.
W-wonka
Greg - the final upgrade was to replace all internal wiring
I notice you use Kimber, a tried & trusted choice if there ever was one!
BTW, why not hard-wire the power supply cable at the PS end?
Flexibilty - If I were to hard wire, then trying different power cables down the road becomes more of a chore. When I find a reasonable silver conductor I would like to try it with minimal fuss.

AND - a/b comparisons are much faster :-)

The xlr connectors I use for the 12v side are high quality gold on copper that perform extremely well. After all, If they are good enough for interconnects then they are good enough for power :-)

The IEC chassis mount socket is gold on copper, as are the connectors on 120v power cables.

Re: Kimber cable - the reason for using this is twofold - great quality copper and insulation and the braiding rejects ref interference.

I looked at a real heavy duty Furutech interconnect for the 12v side, but it would have cost a small fortune. The Kimber is great :-)