New AMG tt just arrived.

Wow I really was going nuts waiting for this Tabel to get here. Today I have someone coming to help set up and dial it in. It's much bigger then I remembered it being at ces. I got the black skirt and the 12 arm. I will post some thought after I get it up and running. It is such a beautiful thing to see. Will post pic on my page. I'm excited. One of the coolest things in the world to me. And to be honest the designer whom I talked to at ces believed in his Tabel so much that his love for this tt pushed me over the edge and I had to have it. Thank you Werner Roeschlau for doing what ya do.
documentroom
Documentroom, Congratulations on your new table. I also have an all-black
table, though it is much more massive than the AMG. I take offense to your
"oil rig in the ocean" comment ;) I think it is purposeful industrial
design - form follows function with little added for beauty. My art-historian
friend describes it as "Victorian" looking. I do like your Porsche GT3
analogy. Beautiful car. Enjoy your new sound.
Lewm - click on system and you can see his whole system. Benz LPS/Ayre...
To me it looks unbalanced - heavy platter, small base and why did they have to purloin the AMG V12 moniker. If the table is unique it deserves its own identity.
Lewm, you are correct. My audio research ref 5 is breaking in nice I'm about 500 hrs on the tubes. I'm using a Benz lps which is broke in. My phono for the moment is the ayre px 5. Solid state. And to Peterayer I take offense that you said yours is bigger then mine. Ha. No your right its all about design. I've had some tables that had some interesting shape to em. Clear audio and basis. I think tt design is one of the greatest art about this industry. Speakers ya there special, some have design characteristics that benefit music reproduction. But tt design and the theory behind them to me is special.
Dover, It is indeed "unbalanced", if you want to balance it on the head of a pin. But I do like the way the plinth follows the curve of the platter on one end. In my belt-drive days, I had come to the conclusion that BD tables thus designed have a more open sound with more "air" around the musical presentation than do BD tables with conventional rectangular plinths that therefore have a flat deck surrounding the platter on all sides. Why? I don't know. My guess is that the wide flat deck of conventional tt's may reflect the mechanical noise (the faint music you can hear when you are close to the spinning platter), produced by the stylus passing though the grooves, back at the cartridge, causing deleterious feedback. This tenuous hypothesis was based on very limited experimentation in my own system (one or two tt's of each type). But Notts, Galibier, Redpoint, Teres, da Vinci, Yorke, and many many other high enders adopted that design type, a heavy circular platform under the circular platter. (The old open deck style has been creeping back into vogue in recent years, however, a la the VPI Classic.) I don't know whether this rule of thumb would transfer to idler-drive or DD, but I've thought about it. Unfortunately, all the tables I now own do have the rectangular deck around the platter. Go look at the AMG website; that thing is impressive in all aspects. I think it costs ~$12K, and in today's market, for that level of build quality, that's a relative bargain. (It's at the top end of what I would ever consider paying for a new tt, if I were in the market.)

I think it's a German company, and the choice of the name is indeed a bit gimmicky, but it won't make the table bad if it's good, or vice-versa. It's only a name. Here, "A" stands for Analog, not Auto.

Documentroom, My apologies. I had not noticed that you have a system page.