JVC TT-101 Won't Stop

The Stop button on my recently purchased QL-10 doesn't work. It worked at first after the TT warmed up, but then quit completely. I since have replaced all 37 electrolytic caps on 3 boards, but it made no difference. The power voltages are correct. The button itself is fine and shorts pins 6 and 9 of the P8 connector on the main board, but the motor doesn't stop. What could be wrong? Any particular transistor or adjustment? Please help! -Alex
safesphere
Safesphere and anyone else with a dismantled TT101,
The connector in question is nearest to IC810 on the Crystal PC Board Assembly, TDC-7B. This PCB is located under the top circular piece that surrounds the platter. TDC-7B is depicted on page 31 of the owner's manual. The order of the four wires going into this connector, as I have it, is: brown, (space), orange, yellow, green. Please check, if you can do it without much trouble.

Upon second look, I think I've got it correct, but I am grasping at straws, trying to figure out what I did that could have worsened my problem. I cannot find anything else that could be causing my TT101 to upchuck. Thanks.
Lewm,
I find it useful to take lots of digital photos before I work on equipment. Quick and easy and can save a lot of time.
I did just that. Unfortunately I had unplugged this particular connector before taking a photo of that part of the PCB. Anyway, I hope Safesphere or some other TT101 owner responds, but if not, I do have the service manual which with some effort can be used to confirm the color codes of the wires. Actually, I am nearly certain I made no mistake, just grasping at straws here. Very weird.
After re-soldering the eyelites & running fine for 6 months or so, My TT-101 has started having same issues with the stop button. Did you come to a fix for it?
My own TT101 turned out to have a tiny crack in one of the PCBs which was finally diagnosed only after what had been an intermittent problem became a constant problem, enabling JP Jones of Fidelis Analog to sniff it out and repair it.  But the defect in function of my TT101 was not like that reported here.  Mine would come up to speed for a minute or two, then exhibit inaccurate speed for about 30 seconds, then crash.  This problem came and went at first (the definition of "intermittent"), moving the turntable to various parts of my house would either cure or cause the problem, probably because moving the turntable was causing the PCB to flex where it was cracked, causing a short to come and go.  JP tells me that he has since serviced other TT101s, and cracks in the PCB are not uncommon.  

My TT101 and I have been happy together for about 2 years now.  I use it regularly in rotation with 3 other turntables in two systems.