Power Cable Shootout...

Has there ever been one? Recently? For those of use not lucky enough to qualify for The Cable Co.'s library demo program, how do you decide on what works for you?

Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions?

Tx.
blu_audio
Cable shootouts are largely useless because everyone's system and ears and preferences are different.

I suggest deciding what price level is comfortable for you, and then buying used cabling at that level. Listen. Compare. Keep what you like. Sell what you don't.

That's what works for me.
I suggest sitting blindfolded while somebody changes your power cables while you listen. Don't forget to make a cable for yourself using some heavier 12/2 wire and decent terminations. Remember it's only copper wire in your wall!
Tvads suggestion is also legit as we all hear things differently.

Thanks Tvad,

I think that could get expensive...let's say that I would like a power cable for my MC207 and I am willing to spend $1000 on the cable...if I select 5 finalists (which is incredibly hard based on the amount of venders out there) that would be 5K.

Also, all of the "Power" cables state that they have, "less noise", I believe that this is something tangible and measurable. I just thought that with all of the knowledge in this site that someone would have compared. I realise that this is not necessarily the most defining determination on how a power cable is going to affect your system sonically but it is something tangible that might separate those who can stand up to their marketing claim vs. those who can not.

Has no one ever had this thought before???? :-)

Thanks again,

Blu