What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Currently unemployed for 15 months as of mid Dec. 2009 and am 41 years old, married for over five years, and a new father with our first child, our son Richard. I typically do computer aided drafting (electrical and mechanical) using Autocad and am learning Solidworks at home since November of 2008. I can't find a job that I am qualified for if I had to. Not getting the BSME degree was a huge mistake. Ironically, I do loudspeaker design as a hobby and have tried every reputable company in the USA and some in Canada too.
Yea me and my girl lost our jobs mid Dec 08.I was in construction,she account..We are in our 40,s & live in Calif. Spent Over $15,000 on first system. 5.1.Had to be better then 2.1 .Just OK sound.Did some due diligence& now have an excellent sound from some great pieces that cost under $1000.The incredible sound is close to a $100,000 rig i was dreaming about.I thought I.d have to start a new profession.
55 yr old; oil refinery manager currently but been in oil refining last 33 years. system is still evolving focusing on analog upgrades over las few years
Former Marine, retired, now a photographer. Age 62. I do landscape photography mostly in fall and winter in Montana, Wyoming and the Black Hills.