VPI Scout or Michell Technodec?

So, let's say you have about $1,800 to spend. Would you go for the the VPI Scout with the the Dynavector Cartridge or a J. Michell Technodec with Rega RB-300 arm and a Grado Platnium cartridge?
crazy4blues
Please consider Teres 135 in your hunt. Way better than the two even with all the upgrades you will do. I had a fully tweaked Scout and my brother a well upgraded Gyrodec. No contest.
>> had a fully tweaked Scout and my brother a well upgraded Gyrodec. No contest.

I recently switched to a Gyro SE from a Teres 255ish and I have to disagree with that statement. I find the Gyro to be different, but not worse, than a teres. One of the areas the Gyro is different than the teres is in the PRAT department, and some might prefer the Gyro is this respect. Funny thing is I used to have a Gyro before the Teres and at first I thought the teres was better in a no contest way, but after long term listening I welcome back the refresing perspective of the Gyro over the teres.
Your impressions are interesting Bmckenney. I have heard both the 135 and the Gyro, though not for an extended time in my home. I thought the Gyro was far and away superior to the 135, myself. In fact, while I do like the Teres 200 series tables, I don't really care all that much for the 100 series. Interesting that you went back to the SE after the 255. Was it soley on the basis of PRAT?
I haven't heard hear the Tecno or Scout in person. People seem to rave over the Scout, but what little I've heard of the Tecno has also been quite positive. If it's anything like Michell's other tables, I bet it would be a damn good one. I understand the Tecno does use the Gyro's inverted bearing, platter (minus the weights) and DC motor--all very good signs. Both 'tables are upgradeable and I doubt you'd be disappointed with either. If you can listen to either in person, I think that would be the best way to decide, though if it's not a possiblility, then I understand your pain--pickins are slim in my area and I've taken a chance on gear more than once;)