Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

Is it just me...or is the recording of this session overhyped...I agree it is a great performance...but "Birth of the Cool" and others are superior in my mind...any thoughts?
128x128phasecorrect
Mr. W's list is impressive and I am familiar with all that great jazz. Now, my list would be equally long, and maybe have just a few of his selections. What does that mean? There's a lot of good s... out there. But if I did that, I wouldn't be sticking to your original post. Yes you are missing the boat with KOB. Stick with it. It's quite amazing. Come back to it at a later time, and you may, after listening to other things, come to appreciate it. good listening, warren
To me, this is one of those recordings that I never get tired of; I've owned several pressings and the Classic records pressing is the best. Every time I hear it it's still magical, romantic, involving, hypnotic and draws you into a mood world. I never tire of it. When I first bought it in college 20 something years ago I enjoyed it but probably didn't grasp or understand everything going on. Not sure I do yet..
Stranger things have been known to happen: I agree with Albertporter for a change! Maybe we should avoid any talk about gear in order to achieve a modus vivendi. From the mid-fi trenches, good day.
Some time ago, I made a long post about Miles Davis and the "Kind of Blue" recording and why it was important in jazz circles. Rather than try to recap what I wrote, here is the link to my old post:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rmusi&995231381&read&keyw&zzkind=of=blue