Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

Is it just me...or is the recording of this session overhyped...I agree it is a great performance...but "Birth of the Cool" and others are superior in my mind...any thoughts?
128x128phasecorrect
Listen to the Classic Records vinyl release of this superlative LP...you just may "get it".
Mr. W's list is impressive and I am familiar with all that great jazz. Now, my list would be equally long, and maybe have just a few of his selections. What does that mean? There's a lot of good s... out there. But if I did that, I wouldn't be sticking to your original post. Yes you are missing the boat with KOB. Stick with it. It's quite amazing. Come back to it at a later time, and you may, after listening to other things, come to appreciate it. good listening, warren
To me, this is one of those recordings that I never get tired of; I've owned several pressings and the Classic records pressing is the best. Every time I hear it it's still magical, romantic, involving, hypnotic and draws you into a mood world. I never tire of it. When I first bought it in college 20 something years ago I enjoyed it but probably didn't grasp or understand everything going on. Not sure I do yet..
Stranger things have been known to happen: I agree with Albertporter for a change! Maybe we should avoid any talk about gear in order to achieve a modus vivendi. From the mid-fi trenches, good day.