Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

Is it just me...or is the recording of this session overhyped...I agree it is a great performance...but "Birth of the Cool" and others are superior in my mind...any thoughts?
128x128phasecorrect
To me, this is one of those recordings that I never get tired of; I've owned several pressings and the Classic records pressing is the best. Every time I hear it it's still magical, romantic, involving, hypnotic and draws you into a mood world. I never tire of it. When I first bought it in college 20 something years ago I enjoyed it but probably didn't grasp or understand everything going on. Not sure I do yet..
Stranger things have been known to happen: I agree with Albertporter for a change! Maybe we should avoid any talk about gear in order to achieve a modus vivendi. From the mid-fi trenches, good day.
Some time ago, I made a long post about Miles Davis and the "Kind of Blue" recording and why it was important in jazz circles. Rather than try to recap what I wrote, here is the link to my old post:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rmusi&995231381&read&keyw&zzkind=of=blue
Perhaps the king has no clothes?

I love Jazz, it has been my main music diet for 30+ years. That said, I do like "Kind Of Blue", but enjoy many others more.

While we are on the subject, will Acoustic Sounds ever get tired of re-releasing the same 20 or so titles in every new format and 180g 33 1/3 rpm..now 45 rpm? This is the "Kind Of Blue" thinking that keeps many other great Jazz performances either unavailable or obscure.

Odd that until recently all copies of the lp, cd, etc.of "Kind Of Blue" were from a master tape that was running fast..ie: sharp.

Happy Holidays, Jim