Quit vinyl?

I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and looking for a new amp. All modern amps have only line inputs, so I either have to keep my Rotel RQ 970 pre-pre, or find a suitable amp. Now I asked myself how often I use my turntable, and that is not much, actually: almost never. So should I quit vinyl, sell mu turntable and pre-pre, which also will provide some extra cash, or do you guys reckon I will kick myself in the head in a couple of years? Any experiences? BTW, it's not a question of sound quality, just convenience and space, and I own about 400 records....

Thanx, Satch.
satch
Very nice post, CN. I'd wager this story has been repeated quite a number of times in the past several years, with thousands more "in potential" out there!
CN is spot on! And you would probably be disappointed to discover how little money used LP's and TT's bring on the used market. Keep'm - you'll rest better at night. :-)
you have a real nice analog front end, so im curious as to why you don't find yourself using it more. In any case, my recommendation would be to take a deep breath and not do anything too quickly. And if you still decide to sell off stuff, make sure you lock up those lp's. You can always buy a new tt etc, but replacing lp's can be a bitch.

good luck
It's hard to pull the plug. Goes to show how much emotion is involved with our audio systems, as opposed to practical usefulness.
If the amount of money you'd get from the turntable is significant to you then selling it might be the right thing to do.
If it is a relatively small sum (as I'd imagine it will be) then I'd hang on to it and your records, because, as others have said you never know when you might want to listen to them. It's not losing value, or costing you money to hold onto it.