Quit vinyl?

I'm in the process of upgrading my system, and looking for a new amp. All modern amps have only line inputs, so I either have to keep my Rotel RQ 970 pre-pre, or find a suitable amp. Now I asked myself how often I use my turntable, and that is not much, actually: almost never. So should I quit vinyl, sell mu turntable and pre-pre, which also will provide some extra cash, or do you guys reckon I will kick myself in the head in a couple of years? Any experiences? BTW, it's not a question of sound quality, just convenience and space, and I own about 400 records....

Thanx, Satch.
satch
you have a real nice analog front end, so im curious as to why you don't find yourself using it more. In any case, my recommendation would be to take a deep breath and not do anything too quickly. And if you still decide to sell off stuff, make sure you lock up those lp's. You can always buy a new tt etc, but replacing lp's can be a bitch.

good luck
It's hard to pull the plug. Goes to show how much emotion is involved with our audio systems, as opposed to practical usefulness.
If the amount of money you'd get from the turntable is significant to you then selling it might be the right thing to do.
If it is a relatively small sum (as I'd imagine it will be) then I'd hang on to it and your records, because, as others have said you never know when you might want to listen to them. It's not losing value, or costing you money to hold onto it.
Another reason is we will all have hard drive music systems pretty soon. I just recorded maybe 30 songs to mine , from my turntable. Now I don't need to go out and buy the cd's to play the old stuff I like.
The answer depends on the quality of your current LP's and whether your musical interests moving forward are best served by LP or CD collecting. Much music today is either only available on cd or available on poor quality LP if you can find it at all. Are the 450 LP's you have important to you musically or have you moved on to something else? You will spend considerable money on obtaining good LP's today (forget the stories of 50 cent audio nirvanas at Salvation Army). You can "sample" the potential of LP from a basic system and mediocre recordings but the true superiority of vinyl over cd can only be heard if you are willing to pay the price.
Are your records from the pre-digital age (prior to 1984) and are they well recorded? Are you willing to seek out and pay for high quality recordings from whatever period of music you are interested in? Have you evaluated the potential cost of building such a collection? Are the records you are interested in reasonably available in the used record market?
It's all about the software (records). From a hardware perspective analog has never been better than it is today, but that is irrelevant if you can't obtain the music you want to hear.
Building a quality LP collection today takes considerable effort and expense. That being said, it will reward the dedicated collector with magnificent sound not available on any other medium.