Best Phono Pre for Teres

Well after reading and listening I finally bought the Teres
340. Triplaner arm and ZYX UNIverse cart.- What do you guys rec. for a pre- I was thinking of the Lamm, Audio Research ref.,or whatever else you guys can recommend- I am using a all tube system- thanks,gary
bebop86
Raul,

In response to your post on tube gear (and please know I am not trying to start an arguement, as I have always found a good deal of insight and wisdom in many of your other comments on Agon). I have been a professional musician for almost 20 years, I play acoustic and electric guitar. I have extensive experience in the recording studio and mixing live sound in numerous concert venues. I can only say from this expereince I would rather eat nails than play my guitar through a solid state amp. Further some of the most coveted and respected studio gear ever made uses tubes in it's signal chain. The recordings that many of us love from the 40's-present day have been recorded with tube microphones, etc.

I am not an electrical engeneer and don't mean to hijack this thread but for my tastes I feel that tubes are a critical part of my experiences in sound reproduction. Whether playing my Stratocaster through my '59 Fender Tweed Twin, recording my voice or acoustic guitar in the studio, or playing Louis Armstrong back on my home system.

Like I say, I'm not trying to start a fight here, but IMO and I'm sure many others tubes rule!!!
Raul, this statement is pure bullshit on your part. "it is only that is imposible to have a good all tube phono preamplifier because the physics laws do that the tube devices unfit for". It is obvious to me that you know absolutely nothing about the "Laws of Physics". BTW, I have a MS degree in physical chemistry from Stanford University and have taken several courses in physics.
Cmo I think there's a difference between using tubes in a guitar amp (where distortion is desirable) and using tubes in a hifi amp (where it is undesirable). I do support your point that tubes often play a vital part in recording though.

My view is that it's futile to generalise - there are as many colored tube amps out there as there are colored ss designs.
Flyingred, Who say's everyone who plays guitar through a tube amp is playing through it becouse it distorts........ Ever heard Les Paul??
Distortion vs clean aside, even a tubed guitar amp that does great cleans is singing because of tube distortion. I wouldn't want a precise amplification of strat solid body guitar because it would sound dry. If you have a hollow body jazz box you might want only the guitar to speak and a good choice then is the Acoustic Image solid state amp preferred by some jazz notables. Solid state. They want to hear only their guitar.