2-Way Floorstander, $1500

My listening room is 12x16, I am looking for suggestions for quality floorstand monitors, new or used, F3<40Hz, preferably veneer finish, for quality, digitally amplified system, digital front end. Thinking about Quad 21L, Dynaudio Audience 62, Totem Hawk. Comparisons? Thank you.
dmason
Try Meadowlark Kestral 2's or
Meadowlark Swifts also.
Or Green Mountain Europas on stands. All
in that price range.
For $1500-1750, you could acquire a used pair of Vandersteen 3A's ($1500 is the lower end of their used price, but I've seen them here on A-gon for that price). The Vandy 3A is a 3-way design that includes an acoustic coupler for low frequencies, and will provide you with significantly better performance for the price than any 2-way system.
If you're able to find a used pair of Snell E/III's around $500 or less, buy them. Beautiful sounding/looking spkrs. Choice of wood veneers as well. (The J/III and IV sound good as well, but not as good as the E/III. Excellent spks. at a very reasonable prices.)
I have a pair of Focus FS78 for sell that would work nicely (comparable to the Wilsons....if your more familar with that brand). E-mail me for details.

Jon