VPI Scout and Scout 1.1 Question

I know they went from acrylic platter to the aluminum platter on the Scout 1.1 My question is, is there really a difference in sound quality in music by upgrading from acrylic platter to the aluminum platter?
miketuason
If I remember correctly, there were production issues with the acrylic and the cost was going up. The aluminum was less expensive to manufacturer to the desired specs, I believe.
Dtc, the vpi platter manufacturing problem was mainly attributed to the Delrin and stainless steel sandwiched VPI Super platter, not their acrylic platters.
I had both, and the aluminum one is far superior...bass, midrange, and highs. I now have the ceramic coated one that is actually the same as the aluminum, but better looking (no hand/finger prints)
Brf - I may be wrong, but I remember discussions about VPI having trouble maintaining the tolerances in manufacturing the acrylic one at a reasonable price. That discussion was separate from the super platter. May be wrong, as I am sure there was never such a statement from VPI.