VPI Scout and Scout 1.1 Question

I know they went from acrylic platter to the aluminum platter on the Scout 1.1 My question is, is there really a difference in sound quality in music by upgrading from acrylic platter to the aluminum platter?
miketuason
"Upgrading" is subjective here. I believe the change was done for profit and not performance. VPI makes "improvements" like this and then raises their prices while cutting manufacturing costs. The acrylic platter and isolated motor can still be found on their top of the line decks. That speaks volumes to me as far as upgrades go.
If I remember correctly, there were production issues with the acrylic and the cost was going up. The aluminum was less expensive to manufacturer to the desired specs, I believe.
Dtc, the vpi platter manufacturing problem was mainly attributed to the Delrin and stainless steel sandwiched VPI Super platter, not their acrylic platters.
I had both, and the aluminum one is far superior...bass, midrange, and highs. I now have the ceramic coated one that is actually the same as the aluminum, but better looking (no hand/finger prints)