Turnable database with TimeLine

Here is a database showing various turntables being tested for speed accuracy and speed consistency using the Sutherland TimeLine strobe device. Members are invited to add their own videos showing their turntables.

Victor TT-101 with music

Victor TT-101 stylus drag

SME 30/12

Technics SP10 MK2a

Denon DP-45F
peterayer
Slightly, or a lot off topic! Just wondering, as very few have the timeline but most have a smart phone and a test tone record, if the Feickert app might be more readily accessible. See this Data Base.
http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/49224-turntable-speed/?hl=olderas#entry889328
It doesn't have the changing modulation variation that a piece of music has, but does have stylus drag, not quite the same thing, but a starting point. Seems like most of the TT's tested are absolutely fine with the timeline, but what about minor variations in speed resulting in small frequency shifts while maintaining overall 33 1/3 rotational speed?
Can anyone here emulate this -
The Final Audio turntable can maintain speed whilst someone is banging on the record with bare knuckles while it is playing ....
Bare Knuckle speed test
High torque AC synchronous motor with decent power supply, 22kg Platter, silk thread and decent record clamp. No servos required.
Anyone up for the challenge...
Richardkrebs,
For consistency, as you have done.....
This would be ideal in my opinion....
Neither Peter nor Syntax have shown the effects of the stylus ON and OFF the record with their belt-drive turntables...
I showed the effects of the stylus 'leaving' the record with the Raven AC-2....and it can be seen that the speed is stable in that situation whilst slightly 'slow' under load.
There are many on this Forum who claim that a belt-drive turntable with a high-mass platter and well regulated motor....will not be subjected to 'stylus drag'.
I am still skeptical about this....and we have seen no evidence with the Timeline that this is possible?
Hopefully someone will demonstrate such a phenomena?
Dinster, The whole idea of the "Timeline test", so far as it goes, is that it does indeed give you some notion of the instantaneous speed stability, as opposed to average speed accuracy, of a turntable. The time interval measured is akin to the time between laser flashes on your observational starting point. If speed deviates between flashes, such that the flash appears to move in either direction from start, it indicates that in that time interval the speed has deviated, up or down from 33.333. (I don't own a Timeline. I think there are 4 lasers built into it at 90 degree intervals around the pillar, but I could be wrong. 33.333 rpm corresponds to one rotation every ~1.8 seconds. You can figure out the rest.)
Well, I think, we all do us a favor to say, the Timeline is just "another" strobe and has its own faults (which is, of course, wrong). It is super precise, or better said, the best tool today. It measures the REAL speed when the diamond is in the groove. The force (VTF) is remarkable.
The majority of turntables run quite well when the Diamond is Not in the groove, but honestly, who is interested in THAT????
Performance is with tone, not without.
When I did the tests with adjustable motors while playing, and they run out of specs (drift) and then I made the corrections, the difference in sonics is easy to hear. Deeper soundstage, no smeared cynics and much better modulated details.
Today we have two "religions":
The unit "does something", Product A has better bass, Product B is analytic and needs this or that cartridge/Arm for compensation or endless "updates" because the designer is unable to do something right, some call it Prat
or
the "Religion" is based on software reproduction. The emotion is coming from the recording, the purest form of a sonic truth...
"Religion 1" is"keep the business alive
"Religion 2" is "done right"