Less listings

I have not been on Audiogon for a while. I recall there being A LOT more listings a year or so ago. Is there significant less listings with the " new and inferior" format?
andsta
4krow,

Just curious. Are you having better success selling elsewhere than you did on Audiogon?
I've spoken to some members who have tried selling their wares on other audio sites. It has been a mix bag of results. Some tube sellers and cable sellers swear by the other sites others who have been selling amps and bigger speakers told me they prefer to sell on Audiogon still.
Less gear that I regularly search for seems to be for sale. Because the searching is so much worse now than before, its tough to say. I conclude that the obvious increase in commercial, non-hobbiest listings has displaced the more earnest ads by users like myself to which I am more accustomed, resulting in my perception of fewer listings. This is reflected in the forums where I find the commercial motivations of posters to be murkier and more confusing that it used to be. Still using it, so the joke is on me.
Ohlala - I agree the search is different than it used to be, but why do you think you are missing items with the new search? I can do everything I used to and more. Although it took time to be implemented, the zip code and miles search is very nice. There are more things I would like to see added, but I do not think I am missing any items because of the new search.
After being charged here for their 2% fee for selling a preamp they dont put that in the total the buyer owes me.Even before Im paid the buggers want their fee and people wonder whats happening here.Chislers and moneygrubbers took over the place,cheers,Bob