Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Hi Irv, actually, I am not arguing. Arguing, discussing; whatever. I truly am trying to understand the other side of the argument; which, frankly, I don't see a lot of evidence of on your part. But, for the record, my reference to posting history was for ALL posting history. Yes, this thread is about cables, but this forum is about much more than cables; including music. See, from my vantage point it is almost impossible (pointless) to discuss any aspect of this hobby without, at least, some reference to music. I think that this is the core difference between the two mind-sets.

BTW, the offer/challenge that I made to Rok earlier is to you as well; if interested. Might be fun, and at the very least some good music will be listened to.
I, like some here, just like the banter. It's amusing to see how far a person will go to make an illogical argument.
However at the end of the day, the 10,000 pound gorilla stills sits in the middle of the room!

THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE!! Just demostrate you can hear wire! That is almost TOO easy. Hell, I wish I could hear wire. I'd be cruising in my 911 Turbo this minute. But I guess you wire folks just don't wanna take advantage of the poor misguided soul.

BTW, just curious. Can any of you Ferengi(stng) hear the differences between two brands of 'mere mortal' wire? Say, monster and blue jeans?

And also, why do you say 'different' instead of 'better.' Don't you buy wire to improve your sound?

Cheers
There is no doubt I can hear clearly identifiable differences between using MIT terminator versus DNM Reson ICs in my main rig, in particular between amp and pre-amp. These are night and day in design and concept, so I would attribute it to that, an extreme case perhaps.

With most other applications in my gear, differences are more subtle, in some cases minor or not significant enough for me to take notice or care. Like most things, its not a night/day, yes/no thing to answer. Its a matter of magnitude on some relative scale, with differences ranging from very significant to insignificant.

I even believe two fuses can sound different for many reasons, however I do not care enough about it to spend any time investigating. As long as my gear is good and in good operating condition, that's good enough for me. YMMV of course.
Rok,
Banter is one thing, now you're just trolling. How are the acoustics under that bridge? :-)

All the best,
Nonoise
What would we do without Nonoise and his rapier wit! One day he might even answer a question!

Cheers