Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri
I recently got the ML2s (predecessor of the 2.1s) and am still in the "jaw dropping" stage - am an experienced SET listener (300B and 2A3 amps in particular), but once I got the correct input tube in place, the ML2s are redefining my system's capabilities - still have the "lit from within" quality of lower-power SETs, but with superb extension at frequency extremes, detail and propulsion - the music is projected into the room with a tonal density I've never before encountered. This is in the context of 104dB horns with powered subs. Certainly, the ML1.1s would be overkill in a high-sensitivity system such as this...YMMV.
"but once I got the correct input tube in place"

I am curious as to which input tubes you switched to
Interesting

I just bought circa 1965 NOS Telefunken ECC 83 rib plates and I was blown away as to how much better the ML 2.1 sounds as compared to the 12AX7 tubes supplied by Vladimir. Mine were Sylvania.

I did research on the tubes and everyone recommended the rib plate vs the smooth plate

I also managed to buy circa 1957 NOS Mullard 12AX7 long plate with square getter halo. I find these to be warmer than the Telefunken but not quite as detailed
If you have the opportunity to audition the Convergent Audio Technologies JL-2 amplifer (100 Watts, Class A, Triode), I would do so. Along with the LAMMs, among the best.