What pre to use with Vons and Bryston 2B-SST?

I own a pair of Von Schweikert VR2's with a Bryston 2B-sst driving them. I am auditioning a PS Audio PCA-2 for the preamp and am happy with what im hearing but would like a little "warmer" sound. I dont want to spend more than $2000 on the pre new or used. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
jlind325is
Well i cant comment on either of those pres but when i was using the PS Audio PCA2 pre the sound was like you described. Dry and uninvolving were words i used often to describe what i was hearing. Im totally in love with my BAT right now, it just fits my preferences so well. my bass response is definelty lacking the punch of the solid state pre but its worth the tradeoff for the rest of the spectrum. Maybe a BAT will work for him?
I didn't get to read your later replies. Didn't realize you had chosen already.

My congratulations on the BAT. I recommend you get the BAT power amp to match your pre with. My partner has an all BAT system with his Von Schweikerts and they sound awesome.

No, I'm not bashing Bryston. My Bryston was the longest tenured power amp I ever owned. Dry and clinical? A little. But at one point that was how I liked my music. That's why later I got an ARC pre to warm it up a bit. The synergy worked very well.

Regards and happy listening.
I used to use a ARC LS16 mkI use NOS Mullard and Amperex 6922 tubes. This was matched with a Brytson 3BST driving a VR2 and later a VR4jr.

I was very happy with this set up.

I've since sold the Bryston. The ARC is still the preamp I use but I've since moved on to SET amps.
I havent had the chance to listen to a BAT amp yet but will hopefully soon. Im sure that once i hear one i will be drooling. Im really impressed with BATs sonics. As of now though i am beyond satisified with what i hear, plus adding a BAT amp would require a couple more thousand dollars out of my pocket which could be better spent in other areas of my system i.e. analog. Now your partner, is he using a tube amp or a SS one? and is this person on the 'gon? i havent heard a SET system but ive read its magical. thanks for the post