Preamp with lots of outputs?

What some recommendations for great preamps with LOTS of outputs. The more the better.

Thanks
doug_kraz
I think we now all know who the Dick is Jax2. FYI the following units from post 4 above--minidisc, cd burner, reel, tivo, vcr, eq, + 5 tape decks ALL RECORD, HENCE THE NEED FOR OUTPUTS FROM A PREAMP MR. DIPSTICK. Additionally, I have received unsolicited feedback regarding the further misdoings of one among you in this post, which is no surprise to me. So if you have any business dealings with any of the above, contact me, so I can tell you which really is the king idiot, and refer you to my source.
My vote is for every negative person to leave this thread, go home & sleep on it. That is my input to the question of outputs.
I can tell you which really is the king idiot, and refer you to my source.
Doug_kraz

Don't worry, the king idiot is abundantly clear.

03-27-07: Phd
My vote is for every negative person to leave this thread, go home & sleep on it.

I concur. Doug, are you listening?
Doug,

I, like several others here, didn't really imagine using all those devices as recording devices, which is apparently what you intend?

I can't think of any preamps with more than 4 outputs. You will probably need some "professional" switching device to avoid unplugging and re-plugging cables from an "audiophile" preamp. And do you want your outputs to go through the preamps volume control or not? That will potentially reduce the number of outputs that are suitable for your need on many preamps.

My apologies.
Hi Doug,

Thanks for clearing up the actual need. Although you did specifically ask for "outputs", in the context of most people's systems (most people don't have 11 recording devices in their rig), that didn't make sense, hence the questions. Now that we know you intend to record to all of those devices, you might get some useful input (no pun intended).

I do have a couple of additional clarifying question: Do the outputs need to be typical preouts or do they need to be "tape monitor type" outputs? I don't use my system for any type of recording pass-though, so I just don't know. It would seem that they would need to be tape monitors because I wouldn't think you would want these outputs to be controlled by the pre-amp's volume control. I'm guessing you would need a pass-through output/input like used in a tape loop. Also, several of the devices would apprear to require digital inputs/outputs for maximum recording quality. Can you use digital outs to record to the digital devices? Lastly, do you require a 2-channel pre-amp or a multi-channel pre-amp processor (since you have some HT devices like TiVo and VCR on the list)?

I don't recall ever seeming a pre-amp that has this many outputs. Maybe some of the larger pre-amp processor will, but I don't shop in that market. Lastly, I think some of the custom builders can add about as many outputs/inputs as you could need. Space-Tech Labs comes to mind. They are 2-channel tube pre-amps and can be customized as needed. They have a website, so you can check them out.

Enjoy,

TIC