Thiel 3.6, what will drive them best?

I'm looking for an amp that will drive the Thiel 3.6's to their ultimate potential. Unfortunately price matters, in that I derive pleasure thinking of myself as the ultimate connoiseur of the most for the least...

In other words I'm cheap! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and say thanks),

Ron
starsandseas
Sell the 3.6's and buy a pair of 1.6's if you like the Thiel sound. The 1.6's are a much easier load to drive than the 3.6's.

Chuck
I have direct experience with the DNA 1 and Thiels in a large room.
Unless you drive them to SILLY loud levels, it will be fine.

You need current and watts... I think 100 wpc is under powering the 3.6's
I am using a Parasound 3500 to drive my 3.6's now.
I used a 2200 in the past and have tried a variety of amplifiers to make them get up and go.
The 3500 is so far the best by a wide margin unless you spend a lot more money.
I have the system right now where the Amplifier seems the clear weakest link but I also have nothing bad I can say about the 3500.
If you can find one,it will make you happy,it has me!
Well, I have found an amp that should last me for quite a while. I am picking up a B&K EX442 Sonata from fellow Audiogoner Sac. He's great to deal with.

The amp is rated at 200wpc at 8 ohms and 350wpc at 4 ohms. I am told and have read it has a "tubey" sound and will therefore help round the forward highs of the Thiel's.

It is the best compromise I could come up with at the moment. I realise it doesn't quite follow the power doubling rule from 8 to 4 ohm but I won't be pushing the Thiels that hard.

Thank you for all the advice,
Ron