Thiel 3.6, what will drive them best?

I'm looking for an amp that will drive the Thiel 3.6's to their ultimate potential. Unfortunately price matters, in that I derive pleasure thinking of myself as the ultimate connoiseur of the most for the least...

In other words I'm cheap! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and say thanks),

Ron
starsandseas
I have direct experience with the DNA 1 and Thiels in a large room.
Unless you drive them to SILLY loud levels, it will be fine.

You need current and watts... I think 100 wpc is under powering the 3.6's
I am using a Parasound 3500 to drive my 3.6's now.
I used a 2200 in the past and have tried a variety of amplifiers to make them get up and go.
The 3500 is so far the best by a wide margin unless you spend a lot more money.
I have the system right now where the Amplifier seems the clear weakest link but I also have nothing bad I can say about the 3500.
If you can find one,it will make you happy,it has me!
Well, I have found an amp that should last me for quite a while. I am picking up a B&K EX442 Sonata from fellow Audiogoner Sac. He's great to deal with.

The amp is rated at 200wpc at 8 ohms and 350wpc at 4 ohms. I am told and have read it has a "tubey" sound and will therefore help round the forward highs of the Thiel's.

It is the best compromise I could come up with at the moment. I realise it doesn't quite follow the power doubling rule from 8 to 4 ohm but I won't be pushing the Thiels that hard.

Thank you for all the advice,
Ron
Well, I'm moving on from a B&K EX442 Sonata to an Aragon 8008BB. This should be quite a jump considering that the Aragon is a double mono amp with 2 1.1KVA transformers and doubles power from 200w at 8 to 400w at 4ohms. I haven't seen a figure for 2 ohms but I'm sure it will knock the socks off the B&K.

Anybody have any experience with this amp speaker combo?
I think I'll ask this in another post,

Thank you,
Ron