Pass Labs xa - .5 amps

Has anyone compared the new Pass XA-30.5 stereo amp to the XA-60.5 mono amps? Interested to hear your impressions. I am considering one (or two) these for use with my ML Vantage speakers. Thanks.

Bob R.
rmrobinson1957
FWIW, Pass recommends balanced connections with their gear, c-j has never offered balanced connections.
I've run balanced and single ended into my XA-60.5 from the same preamp, and I've noticed minimal difference.
Mozvz, I responded earlier when you asked about the CJ ACT 2s synergy with the Pass. In a word, wonderful.

With the 100.5's on the Maggies now, I moved the 30.5 into my home office as an experiment. I've had the Cain and Cain Super Abbys in there for several years now and always got the best out of them with tube amps, especially SET's. The Abbys are a single driver/no crossover/fostex kind of speaker. Solid state made them sound hard and actually lose bass. Pass Labs and Mark at Renohifi both thought the 30.5 would pair nicely. I didn't think so. I was wrong. I'm listening to them now as I type. In three words: beautiful, relaxed and detailed. The XA30.5 is really a sweet amp.

Based on what you've said so far, I think you would be very happy with it.

Onemug,

Thank you for the updated information. I am still sifting through the choices with different scenarios in an equipment change/s.

It's also good to know the single ended connections are not any different then the balanced if I keep my CJ Act 2. Thanks Tvad..
It's also good to know the single ended connections are not any different then the balanced if I keep my CJ Act 2. Thanks Tvad..
Mozvz (Answers)
Just to be clear for those who might not read every post in the thread, I did not state that the single ended connections are not any different than the balanced connections.

What I said was that I noticed minimal difference (sonically) between them in my system.
Tvad,

Understood on your correction comment about the single ended and balanced having MINIMAL differences. I was NOT trying to take your words and place them in a misconstrued context as it came across in my post. Apology extend.

Minimal Differences.. Minimal Differences..