6922 Recommendation for my BAT VK-3iX Preamp

Can someone recommend a set of good 6922s for my BAT VK-3iX? Currently, I have NOS Tesla goldpin ECC88s. They sound good especially for piano music. However, violin music still has room to improve. I am wondering if getting a set of different 6922s will improve the violin, without degrading piano of course. :-)

Thanks.
vett93
I'd like to hear more texture and harmonics in the midrange. A friend brought his highly modified tube preamp over and played it in my system. There was more magic in the mid range with his preamp. But it lacked dynamics and extensions....
I would try Amperec tubes, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement in this area you will gain with a different set of tubes.

But I think you will get what you want with a different preamp. Swapping tubes may be cool, but I kind of doubt it will be a long term solution.
Very thoughtful posts....Rodman has got it pretty much dead on.Particular tastes will determine the final outcome,though.

Best advice-----Experiment!

Good luck
Another thought. You might consider using 7DJ8 tubes, basically a 7 volt rated 6922/6DJ8. Some circuits may not be compatible, but I've never encountered a problem with the substitution. The construction of the two tube types is supposed to be identical. The prices on primo 7DJ8s are also about a quarter of what you would pay for a comparable 6DJ8.