Deciding between Yamaha or Marantz

Hello everyone, I need to get a new Pre and trying to decide between the Marantz AV8801 or the Yamaha CX-A5000. The Marantz is about a $1k more, is it worth it? Speakers are SF Liutos, Mac MC205 for power, thanks in advance.
kalbi23
Interesting....even with the best amplification...MA is not known for their spatial presentation or excessive depth...being a Brit design....they are forward voiced...not knocking them...just an observation...if one seeks depth of stage...try Maggie's or Vandersteen...they really excel in that area...much better than a conventional box design
Bo,

"In the last months I sold a lot Onkyo to people who own Marantz"

Since you now admit that you are a dealer, you need to identify yourself as a dealer in every post. That is the standard on this website. You are certainly allowed to post your opinion. But, as a dealer, you need to post that you are a dealer in every post.

Let me blunt. When I asked you about your status a few months ago, you said you were a "consultant". Now you openly admit that you are selling product. Time to come clean. You are a dealer and you need to make that clear every time you post.
I do not own a shop, and yes I do consulting. I worked for over 8 years in a shop. Consulting is about freedom. I only wanted to sell what is the best in every price range. Clients get more value for money and it is very easy to compete.
Bo - you say you are selling equipment, right? If so, you should identify that you are doing it. I do not care if you own a shop or not. Most people here are hobbyist. You are in the business. You should put that in your posts.