Bryston 7bsst vs 28bsst?

Just wondering if anyone has compared these directly? It seems from what I have read that the 28b's have a significant edge over the 7bsst's more than just more power. I have listened to the 7bsst's but not the 28's. If you do not necessarily need the extra power but have the money, is it still worth going with the 28's?

Thanks
camali
HP sure likes them. Try them first. If the speakers are very inefficient, then they may help. Remember that you only gain 3dB when you double the power though. Jallen
Take a look on audiocircle.com Bryston owners circle. I was thinking of getting the 7B-SST2 but decided to keep my 7B-SST and attach a Torus RM15 power conditioner to it. The web link has many discussions about this.
My setup is a variety of options. I have both 3.6 and 1.6. I use the 4BST in the bass and a tube amp for the midtreble on the 3.6. I use either Quicksilver Silver monos or an Eicho HF 89 Modified to put out 70wpc and modded with v-caps, and everything else possible. I have tried 7BST and they have more oomph in the bass at higher levels. The room I have is about 25X28, and is big, thus it needs some power. I use the XM44 in addition. I have tried the Spectron Musician III, Rotel 1080, which was great in the bass, and the Music REference RM9 MK II, which was also very good. The Spectron was ok in the bass, but nowhere else. The important questions are your room size, type of music, and how loud do you listen to music, and the position you like to hear music, meaning do you like a front row perspective or a mid-hall perspective. To get the deep stage, the speakers usually need to be out about 6-8 feet from the back wall, and this takes more power.
Jallen
Cost no object? Then it is easy; get the 28B SST square. I wonder why Bryston would make amps that cost more than double the 7B SST square and they sound the same as the 7B.