SS amps for merlin vsm

hi
I am using merlins with AA prestige SACD, Filarmonia amp and cardas GR
cables. would like to buy a SS int amp. ($ 5000) How is plinius 9200 with merlin vsm. anybody tried this ?

thank you
masilu
I've used a Krell KSA 50s, Odyssey monos, TAD Hibachi monos, and a Bel Canto ICE powered integrated, at one time or another. All are good sounding amps and all worked well with my VSMs, but the TADs were probably my favorite (and they were the least expensive, too).

Don't know about Plinius.

Marty
I just got my Merlin TSM-XMr ruby reds!

I will best using them with a Manley Stingray, but also trying out a few SS amps, such as the Odyssey Stratos and even a Emotiva 3 channel.

I'll report in about a week to ten days.

Rob
hello there,

I have tried using the Plinius 9100 on my VSM-Ms. First the sound was very airy and at times overly detailed. The bass held up to my rel strata III in the same room! Why I didnt keep it? The sound was just to forward for my liking. I do not recomenned putting the 9200 on the VSMs. I recommend getting a SA-50 (or sa-100 - sa 102) plinius amp (known to be one of the more tube-like SS's) and then get a joule preamp to match it....match made in heaven for the SS lover...possibly

Darren
I di have the Aleph J (First Watt/Pass) and it indeed worked very well with the Merlins, about as good as the XA30.5s driving the Merlins which are such an easy load (not current hungry). I assume, the J2s would also work well, but have not heard them. In both cases, J or J2 there are very easy amps for tube preamps to drive.