KT120 transformer failures

I know about the warning regarding the KT120 filament current draw posing a possible issue with some amps, but my question is: has anyone actually experienced this issue in a modern amp?
wolf_garcia
Hifigeek, Have you or has ARC (to your knowledge) re-tubed a pair of Classic 120's with the KT120 without modding the tranny. 120's with 120's that should be a match in heaven.
However we're talking 8 output tubes per amp and that could put a major load on the transformer. Could we have a complete meltdown of the transformer. Would this affect the 6FQ7 driving those tubes.
Space is not an issue with mine as i operate them without the cages on.

In all honesty, although those have been modded by Steve Huntley in 2005, i think i would get a better bang for the buck (sonically speaking) if i replace those with a REF150. I need to get a "loaner" from a dealer and do an A/B comparison in my system. A 150 would likely pair better with my REF3 LE and REF2 Phono and Verity Parsifal speakers than the 120's.
Have been an ARC fan for 25 years and have had the 120's for 22 years, replacing a CL60. Analog front end? Well, too many to count. If i had kept them all, my house would have turned into an ARC Museum.
According to my research (kinda lame...consists of merely asking on these forums and talking to some "tube head" designers and "experts") there has never been a transformer failure in any amp in the history of the world from using KT120s. The entire world...all of it. That's what my research has shown to this date.
Wolf, once while speaking with a UFO expert discussing the Roswell crash, according to him the ship that crashed at Roswell was in fact using KT120s in their navigational system....
@Wolf...there's always a first time. @Smoffat if I get a chance I will talk to the factory about the CL-120/KT-120 issue and see what they say. I can tell you that the CL-120 has triode configured output tubes. The Ref 150 has a different tube compliment and does not run the output tubes in triode. I believe it runs the outputs in ultra linear configuration so it will sound different. Also, the CL-120 uses servos to set bias on half the output tubes and the cage must be removed in order to set bias. The Ref 150, I believe, allows user adjustment without going inside the amp.
The Roswell crash proves that interstellar space aliens should NOT be using Russian tubes (back then from OUR future no less) without robust transformer filament windings.

I have no idea what "Smoffat" is, or what a CL-120 is unless you mean the old ARC amp.

I had a 1971 Honda CL450 for years, but that was a double overhead cam "street scrambler" motorcycle...should have kept it. No tubes, except for the tubular frame and shocks.