conrad johnson GAT vs ACT 2 series 2

Have any agoners had listening experience with these 2 preamps that would allow you to share your thoughts about the differences between them? i have never seen a comparison. thanks ray
rlw3
Lloydelee,

You're a good man. Always enjoy reading your posts.

I mentioned speakers having an influence on the choice. For almost 2 years I had a pair of SF Guarneri Homages and and a pair of Guarneri Mementos at the same time. I ultimely kept the GH's. Knowing what the GM's sounded like, and if I would have kept them instead, I would have tried the GAT for sure.

Should the GAT ever happen, I'll let you know.
Thanks, Onemug. Ditto. FWIW, I know the GHs well...and i tell you, those are one seriously memorable speaker. My favorite of all the SF speakers i have heard/owned. (i have not heard Aidas or the Sonus Faber/Fenice)...but i have heard nearly all others. There is something magic about those GHs. Enjoy.
I have not had good luck with 6922 based preamps which seem to wear out quickly and will most likely stay with the 2.2 . The only pre that has me curios is the simaudio p8 since I have a w7 amp and supernova CDs. Thanks, good listening
Lloydelee,

Part of that "magic" you and I hear with the GH's crosses over (for me) with the ARTs.

The GM's sounded great with the "right" ss amp. I have had "the ooohs" with the GH's using 300b SET's, a 300b pp, a Bedini 45/45, and the Pass XA30.5. They seem to bring out the best in each amp.

Same with the ARTs, they have worked well with any of my amps.
Thanks Onemug...good to know and will keep that in mind if i ever get to hear ARTs.

Rlw3 - what other CD players have you heard besides the Simaudio Supernova? Was interested in how they compare against others. have read good things about it. have you heard the 650D or 750D? thanks for any guidance.