Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Not to pat ourselves on the back but can it be that our audiophile tendencies in the pursuit of better music reproduction dovetails with better music appreciation?

With the lower quality sources and playback devices we are bombarded with, is it really any wonder why we are less tolerant? This reminds me of the commercial where two cars are stopped at an intersection and one them has what appears to be two thugs blasting their music. The man in the other car says something like he can't take it anymore and with his wife saying "Don't", gets out of his car and gets in with the thugs only to adjust the equalizer on their stereo, explaining how and why he's doing it, with the thugs nodding in approval.

I wouldn't recommend doing it but the Walter Mitty in me smiled.

All the best,
Nonoise
An illogical obsession with stereo gear, has absolutely no connection with, and is no indication of, music appreciation.

Cheers
What constitutes an illogical obsession?
Is that in the DSM on psychological disorders?

Absolutely no connection nor indication of music appreciation?
Again, I'l like to see the data.

Do you see anyone here as having an illogical obsession with stereo gear and not appreciate music?
Please cite the post(s).

You posit too many extremes and take a giant leap in logic to arrive at, what?
An exercise in trolling?

All the best,
Nonoise
Interesting interview w/ Michael Fremer, link on Analog Planet. Mr Fremer was saying how the audio industry was striving back in the day. He alluded to the fact that the music was so great, people would want to hear it in the best way they can. I think in general, he has a point.