Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
High quality recordings of good music were a novelty early on. That is the difference, not that the music was better. 50+ years later, its old hat and more all over the place, and not as big a deal as back then. People have many more options regarding how to spend their leisure time.
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced oontext largely determines how people respond to music. People relate to music based on their experiences. Its an emotional thing. If it registers with someone, it does not suck. Someone relates to it, even if not you. If noone or few people ever do, then I would say it is sucking material. Popular music registers the most. So it cannot suck. Attitudes can change over time. if people continue to relate to it years later, that is the ultimate test. Time always tells. There is no right or wrong, ggod or bad combination of notes, chords, whatver without a person out there somewhere to appreciate it or not.
That thing you asked about, to use your words, sucks expletively big time. How 'big a deal' was it back then as a mere novelty? Pretty big imo as the novelties constituted entire collections. Anybody out there listening to the Beatles on their Magicos? Both Fjn04 and Rok2id are right on the money and you can't not know it along with just about everyone watching this thread.
I must admit that I am shocked! No, really, I am amazed that musical drivel like the recording on the link to "Does THIS suck?" can be thought to do anything BUT suck. Call me uncivil, arrogant, pompous, elitist; whatever. It is musical garbage, and I thought it was a joke. I really don't mean to offend anyone, but "nice beat"?, "nice sax"?. Really? Repetitive rhythm produced by a drum machine, simplistic and out-of-tune saxophone, and really poor singing. If that doesn't suck, how does one judge the good stuff. There, I said it; it sucks!

As has been pointed out, music reflects the times. We live in a time when standards are being given less and less importance. It is much more important to be "open minded", and to have a strong sense of what is good and what is bad (or what is right and what is wrong), to judge, is looked down upon. I think that is unfortunate, and is a big part of the reason that there is so much bad "pop" music today. Before anyone gets up in arms about my lack of civility, I would like point out that the OP asked "why does MOST new music suck?". He didn't ask "why does ALL new music suck". Of course there is good new music (pop/rock per the OP), but if we answer the original question the answer is a definite yes.