Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
We're kind of on the same page. I'm talking about all the thousands of pre 90's recordings you haven't heard yet.
Granted. And probably never will. It's like when I was a kid: I'd spend a lot of my time in the library and dream of reading ALL the books and how wonderful it would be. Bad eyesight put a serious chink in that design.

Thank goodness my ears work well enough.

All the best,
Nonoise
Nothing. I'm still looking, listening and absorbing. I just don't feel the urge to ferret out everything that's available.
You're point?
Just my position in answer to the op's question that there's plenty of good music to find without having to settle for current new offerings. Rok2id hit the nail on the head though. I'm still stuck in the 70's. With me it's still all about the music. The gear really is secondary. I would not be interested otherwise. I don't care how good or bad the recording is. Good ones are a bonus, bad ones a challenge.