Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
This is a good exampls of why I like these music threads. I didn't know Ben Harper performed with the blind boys of alabama.

I did a little google, and found out they have a DVD out with Haper on it. Will have to get it.

Was he on the 'Gospel at Colonus' CD? I love that one. I have it on DVD also. The picture quality is not the best, but it's a 'gotta have'. I recommend both the CD and the DVD. The sound quality on the 'Colonus' CD is excellent.
Thanks for the info.

Cheers
Frogman and Goose, I'm happy to help recommend some fantastic Pop music from the past few years. Stay tuned .
The problem with Rokid's 'challenge' is as follows. When dealing with someone who's clearly let it be known that they have limited musical acceptance levels, why bother? We all have our musical preferences, and while I certainly don't enjoy ALL types of music, I'd never put down a genre or artist simply because I don't like it. I'd never say something as ignorant as 'new music sux', it's just silly, bordering on stupid. Take Fusion Jazz as an example. It's not for everyone, I totally understand that, but why put it down and by extension, insult anyone that does enjoy the genre? The dude is clearly a music-lover, albeit a very close-minded one. That being the case, why would I bother trying to convince him otherwise? If you really and truly want to honestly attempt to open your ears to new Jazz, why hang around an audio site? Why not go to any one of the many Jazz sites or Jazz magazine sites and start diggin'? BTW, this would be my suggestion to ANYONE that feels 'new' music sux! Stop wasting time complaining at an audio site and start spending more time at music sites!;) New POP music absolutely sux! And not in that 'generational' gap kind of way. While Pop music always caters to a lowest common denominator mindset, the bar is currently SO low it insults the intelligence!
"BTW, this would be my suggestion to ANYONE that feels 'new' music sux! Stop wasting time complaining at an audio site and start spending more time at music sites!;)"

That's pretty good advice!
"Someone suggested that I get out of my comfort zone and listen to some new music via Radio Paradise for example. I listened, searched the play list and the reviews and I found that the highest rated music isn't new but older stuff."

That's very true. A classic is a classic. But there is still lots of newer stuff that rates well and does not "suck" accordingly. Maybe some future "classics" in the making.

Its worthwhile considering an account on Radio paradise. The community features there are quite good and conducive to learning more about the music played.