Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Great point Mapman!! That said, I still want to compile some music that I deem great and may lead to discoveries to some fellow audiophiles. We spoon feed each other music suggestions all the time in numerous threads.
Many of the bands/albums that have given me so much musical pleasure the past 5 years I have found right here from fellow audiophiles.
I have near zero hope that Orpheus or Frog will like, or even consider my suggestions. I plan to start a seperate thread as not to derail this fine thread. ( I will link it here for those interested)
Maybe, but it's always been the simplest melodies that are the most pleasing. History or not. That's the problem with originality. The more complicated it gets, the less pleasing until finally it's just garbage.

Frogman, I believe my last post is self explanatory.
Wazzup Frogman! You misunderstood my post as I wasn't addressing the OP at all.

Rok - Dude, I try to read most of the music-related threads here (out of curiosity more than anything else) and when I read yr posts they come off as declarations. If the music falls within yr parameters (safety zones?) it's the greatest, if it isn't something yr comfortable with, and this is where we'll differ every time, you seem to deem the music as being unworthy. But hey, it's my problem right? I normally just say to myself; "to each his own...", yesterday I was just feeling a little cranky. Truth is, you & I couldn't care less about each other so it ain't no big thing.
Chazro:

You seem to be ACCUSING me of expressing a like, for the music I like, and not doing so for the music I don't like. DUH??? Guilty!

Your last sentence was uncalled for. I don't know you, but then I don't know anyone on this entire site. But you are a music lover, who adds meanful input to the discussions. We need as many of those as we can get on this site. Currently we are outnumbered by the cable lifters crowd.

You are also a human being that comes across as being pretty smart and articulate.

We have different musical taste. And this part, is no big thing.

when you read my posts, imagine the IMHO thingy is there, just in case I forget to type it.

Cheers
Rok, I think here in lies your dilemma. Too much is being expected from some of us. I wouldn't change a thing:)