Underrated jazz greats

I listen to all sorts of music, but mostly jazz. There are many musicians who, for whatever reason, don't attract the attention that their great gifts possibly deserve. I would be interested to know who others think are hidden gems in the jazz world, who have contributed substantially to the genre.

I will begin with two musicians who I believe are outstanding, and deserving of the highest recognition.

1) Lew Tabackin - an outstanding tenor player, and a phenomenal jazz flutist in my view.

2) Sir Roland Hanna - tremendous command of the keyboard, and he thought around the perimeter of pieces to make them both musically and intellectually satisfying.

Very interested in others' thoughts.
stewartr
Most of those mentioned are great, but are also quite celebrated within their genre'. I'm not sure they're really "underrated".
Great and not (as) celebrated. Guitar - Steve Masakowski, Steve Khan, Phil Upchurch, Dave Stryker, Ernest Ranglin, Mark Elf. Bass - Harvie S. Harmonica - Hendrik Meurkens. Sax - Mark Turner, George Coleman. Trumpet - Claudio Roditi, Jon Faddis. Piano - Fred Hersch. And that just scratches the surface I'm sure.
First of all Stan Getz was hardly underrated.Obviously, If this list is any indication the late great Sonny Criss might be the most underrated. This Is Criss, Crisskraft,Saturday Morninig... Mr, Criss played alto sax.
I'm not a true blue jazz fan but if I had to pick someone who is underrated as a jazz great it would be Van Morrison.