TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Jack,

I think the combination of the TRL Audio Mirror with the TRL Alesis Masterlink is one that is a match made in heaven. Having said that I have also heard the TRL Audio Mirror with a Sound Odyssey modified Music Hall CD-25. The result was very good, but a bit more analytical than my ears would prefer. I wasn't aware Paul was using a modified Alesis in his listening set-up as well. Now with the TRL ST-225 amp on the way I guess I need to look into Magico speakers. I swore I would never sell my Spendor's, then again I swore I would never give up my tube amp. Technically I still haven't, but I fear the ST-225 is eventually going to nudge it out of my rotation if indications from others who are using the ST-225 is a gauge for how good it is.

Tony
Tony,

They used the Alesis Masterlink (modded) as a transport because that is what you were going to mate your Audio Mirror with. It makes sense that if they have what you are using as a transport, they should use it as well. :)

I can't wait to hear your impressions of the TRL ST-225. You're using the TRL cables too, right?

I know what you mean about never leaving tubes. I didn't think I've ever say that either ... :)

Best,

Jack
I think that it is. I just wanted to know if anyone actually heard one, besides the guy that made mention of it (and a comparison to the TRL 595) over in the Vinyl Asylum.

Best,

Jack