Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
I would still much prefer a full range floor stander. My goal
Is to get my room right.

Floor is getting changed out next week now. When it's done I'm going to add back my floor standing treatments one by one to see how it effects things.

I think that in the end a HelmHotz will fix my issue. But it's costly, to say the least.
Matt

You are so right in getting the room right. As you know the Sevens can be dialed in to take care of most room issues. I also wanted to mention to take a look at the Synergistic Research family of room treatment products. Some of them seem far out there. I can assure you the ART System FEQ and HFT's are no joke. Are barely noticeable in your room and in my high end system are a game changer

Jeff
Yes, the Trenner&Freidl ART is lovely, as is their ISIS floorstander, but maybe would be too big for Matt's room. I think the Pharoah is a tad smaller.

Andreas Friedl is a nice guy as well who I keep running into at European shows.

For real Cachet value and a truly INERT enclosure: Try Fischer und Fischer...see write up here:
http://theaudiotraveler.com/2014/11/22/high-end-swiss-2014-fischer-fischer-speakers-and-mudra-akustics/

http://www.fischer-fischer.de/start.html

Check out the SN/SL570 AMT,770.1 AMT and the SL1000.
The ones with the AMT are the ones to get and it seems the 770.1 is the new flagship that goes down to 24db and has max SPL of 115db. They weight 160kg each!!!
I agree Matt. A full range floor stander is the ticket.

As you are discovering, the room is tricky business. Despite your obvious intelligence and DIY proclivities, professional help may be $ well spent....
I've spent on professional help. A LOT!!!!

I have hired 2 professional engineers who have worked on the job. And payed 2 treatment companies additional fees for room calculations to advise on treatments. But none are local and one have come to see the room, measure it or listen.

To all out there reading who are not posting, and I know there are a lot of you (since we are at almost 700,000 views), if you are building a room PLEASE PM me so I can tell you what I have done wrong so you don't have to spend on what I did….

What you need is a professional LOCAL guy who can come over, measure & listen, make suggestions and then come over AGAIN & AGAIn to and measure & listen. Otherwise you have to pay for plane tickets and hotels and such….

I have done everything right in my room. I know I have, and I have been told I have by all of the people I have paid to help me up to this point. And yet I clearly have a node issue that can, I know, be fixed with the right "tricks"….

I know John from Audio Connection is a great resource, but he's not an engineer and his solution is going to be for me to buy a pair of Vandy Sevens so he can adjust the Sevens to avoid the problem. I haven't ruled that idea out, but id rather cure the disease then treat the symptoms. And I can always put an Accuphase parametric equalizer or other electronic room correction device into my system to do the same thing that the Vandy adjustments allow so it can be applied to any speaker system….

I will fix this, oh yes. And when I do my room will be amazing!

It will, dare I say it, be the Shizzle'ist of the Shizzle!