Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
"We" are the knowlegeable audio enthusiast or audiophiles."We" are not pessimists. If you can educate the non-audio enthusiasts (like your friends, cousins, etc), it makes a lot of sense. People really don't know about this hobby. But when they listen to good audio, you have a chance to invoke their interest. I have converted atleast 3 friends to audio enthusiasts who now own and enjoy hi-fi.
BTW, Beta only did Beta. SACD players can do both SACD and RBCD :-)
Stanhifi this is not even a good comparison to the
beta you are talking about,I agree with Milpai, if
He likes SACD and enjoy it, why not support it?
Stan do you like SACD or do you even have a good
SACD player to listen,how good is SACD is? I am just
asking,because your system is not posted yet.Have
you been to MusicDirect and see How many SACD
they are selling?If you go there,your opinion will
change.I dont mean to often you really? I enjoy some
of your post though, I just happen to agree with Milpai.
I just bought another SACD today at Fry's electronics. Pure DSD. I love it. I'll enjoy the price drops if it does die - just like the $1 lp's from second had stores.

Ultimately though, I'll keep getting LPs and SACD/Redbook will still be batter up to LP. Oh yeah, LPs were supposed to die in the 80s. I guess it's night of the living dead at my place. Or should I get into the next big thing --> MP3?
>>Have you been to MusicDirect and see How many SACD
they are selling?

My local Chevrolet dealer has a lot of Chevrolets for sale but I have no idea how many he is actually selling. Nice try though.
I enjoy your posts as well.
there were literally hundreds of millions of lps around the world when the industry pulled the plug. the specialty companies that keep the lp alive (on a purely boutique basis) with new pressings, are only manufacturing 500 to 1500 of each title globally. its truly a labor of love. the sacd format, on the other hand, is stillborn. the titles being released now and in the immediate future were already in the pipeline. the hybrid releases where the last attempt to attract the consumer, and the fact is over 99% on those discs never see an sacd player. in fact over 60% never see any kind of conventional home stereo. its way too late to convert people to this hobby 3 at a time.