Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
arkprof,

That's why I buy SACDs that are pure DSD. Don't get remakes of old recordings on SACD unless they are remastered. Go for RB in that case. You gotta work with the system... ;)
the sacd's that are coming out(including hybrids) have already been committed to(particularly from the major labels. the windows for production, manufacturing and marketing are typically 10 to 18 moths before street. a small community indeed in its heyday bozak (a well regarded, and expensive at the time, audiophile speaker) sold in excess of 20,000 pairs a year. very few hi end speaker companies even come close to that today. if they do its bcause they are exporting the lions share of their inventory abroad. in bozak's heyday those sales were primarily in the u.s. only. the avg worldwide audiophile- grade vinyl run (per title) has just dropped below 900. i long way from the 5k and higher mf did per title less than a decade ago.
Jaybo,

Yeah that was mentioned in an earlier post, maybe by you. The newer realeases may be from an earlier pipeline, but the SACD recording won't stop coming out next year like you aniticipate (10-18 months)IMHO. So, basically you are saying that next year there will be 0 releases since this is just pipeline residuals?

There are other companies doing vinyl, not just MF. Companies go up, down, out of business, and back in business. That doesn't give the overall market condition - just a number on a company.

Also, what are your stats on redbook. RB sales have been going down as well because of online trading and mp3 player growth. Is redbook dying too? How come your not making that statement also?
JAYBO...what do the manufactures say?Are you just speculating or do you have definitive information.Honestly after hearing how good the cary 306 sacd is.I'm having hard time justifying keeping my analog frontend.
SACD (hybrid) will continue to be supported by the smaller labels for the foreseeable future as well as by the hardware manufacturers.

Chuck