Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
I never got into SACD mostly because of the format war between that and DVD audio. I wanted to wait until one of them became the clear winner, and when that didn't really happen I just decided to stick with redbook cd's for now. I will admit that CC and BB aren't highend but they did carry SACD players, etc. for quite a while. Maybe something even better will evolve from these 2 formats in the near future. Hopefully by then companies will realize that working together towards a common goal will benefit them far more than arguing and bickering over who has delivered the best format.
Why wait when there're now over 3,500 SACD titles available? BTW, John Mayer's "Room For Squares" SACD is very good.
My point was that records are still being used widely by audiophiles but you won't find them at Curcuit City or Best Buy. So, because they may not carry something anymore doesn't mean that it won't exist in the audiophile market anymore.

So, a salesperson at Curcuit City making a comment about SACD doesn't make a good argument that it will not be available.
I haven't taken the time to wade through all this animus, but when companies like dcs continue to make new SACD and have plans to release another next year, can the future really be soo bleak?
All that can be said of Circuit City and Best Buy is that they are barometers of what the mass market is buying.

Like it or not, Joe and Jane Normal aren't going to pay $30 for what they are told is a "better" CD. Their desire is for a handheld device that can hold 4000 CD's, and the audio quality is almost entirely irrelevant to them.

Really, the only surefire omen that SACD is doomed is that it is Sony's baby, and Sony has a long and proud history of dropping the ball. ;) Although, in all fairness, DVD-A is a pretty big non-event to the general public as well.

On the other hand, there are many small specialty labels, such as Channel Classics in Holland, that have dived into SACD with both feet, and are doing great work, not to mention bigger labels like Telarc and Deutsche Gramophon who are pressing in CD, SACD, and DVD-A. It doesn't hurt to cover your bases, for sure.