Small bookshelfs that reach 42 hz

I just about worked out what speakers to buy for the living room when the wife changed her mind from floor standers to stand mount speakers. She saw a set of B&W 805's on their dedicated stands and that was it.

Not wanting to cave in for pure aesthetics, I need to know what else to consider for a small (16" or less tall) bookshelf speaker that will allow me to reach the bottom range of a bass guitar with solidity. Please no speakers that do 50 or 60 hz and then crap out; that won't fit the bill. Price is anything up to $3000 new with stands. Nice looking matching stands are a major plus as this is the living room.

Since I haven't bought the amp yet don't worry about synergy but if you have suitable integrated recommendations that won't be above $1500 or so used I'm all ears. Many thanks.
wdrazek
the test specs and the reality on loudspeakers are truly different things....just go by the way they sound to you, in your room.
if you can negotiate a bit on the monitor vs. floorstander issue, Totem Arros at 5"*7"*34" go down to 40Hz, disappear like no other, can be placed anywhere and are less intrusive than any monitor-stand I can think of with this kind of freq response....and at $1,000 a pair in gorgeous real veneer finish, that leaves you plenty of cash for a decent tube amp or hybrid and flowers for Ze Lady of Ze House. If she sees a pair in person, she will be sold...I know no female that can resist to a pair of Arro, look and sound.
Try a Marchand Bassis, you can get up to 2 octave extension in the bass. Also you can change the Q and it features switchable 20hz and rumble filters for you LP fans out there.
http://www.marchandelec.com/wm8.htm
Bob