Small bookshelfs that reach 42 hz

I just about worked out what speakers to buy for the living room when the wife changed her mind from floor standers to stand mount speakers. She saw a set of B&W 805's on their dedicated stands and that was it.

Not wanting to cave in for pure aesthetics, I need to know what else to consider for a small (16" or less tall) bookshelf speaker that will allow me to reach the bottom range of a bass guitar with solidity. Please no speakers that do 50 or 60 hz and then crap out; that won't fit the bill. Price is anything up to $3000 new with stands. Nice looking matching stands are a major plus as this is the living room.

Since I haven't bought the amp yet don't worry about synergy but if you have suitable integrated recommendations that won't be above $1500 or so used I'm all ears. Many thanks.
wdrazek
if you can negotiate a bit on the monitor vs. floorstander issue, Totem Arros at 5"*7"*34" go down to 40Hz, disappear like no other, can be placed anywhere and are less intrusive than any monitor-stand I can think of with this kind of freq response....and at $1,000 a pair in gorgeous real veneer finish, that leaves you plenty of cash for a decent tube amp or hybrid and flowers for Ze Lady of Ze House. If she sees a pair in person, she will be sold...I know no female that can resist to a pair of Arro, look and sound.
Try a Marchand Bassis, you can get up to 2 octave extension in the bass. Also you can change the Q and it features switchable 20hz and rumble filters for you LP fans out there.
http://www.marchandelec.com/wm8.htm
Bob
You should consider the new Mark and Danil Maximus Monitors.

I am a dealer so please take that under consideration, but I would also advise you to check out the Sixmoons review on them and the buzz forming around these speakers, they are sensational!

In my humble opinion and I have been professionally selling gear for 20 years, this is one of the most exciting new companies to come out in a very long time.

The Mark and Daniel speakers sound more like a Wilson Watt Puppy and in a good way and will literally outperform many much more expensive speakers!

The engineering is impecable as well as the build quality:

1: unique design heil air motion transformer with a low crossover point of 800hz=very coherent
2: unique long excursion woofer
3: synthetic marble composite cabinet=low coloration
4: optional omni directional supertweeter
5: very deep tight rhythemic bass
6: big soundstage
7: very coherent

the Bad:

1: needs lots of power
2: plays loud but not extremely loud
3: new company
4: only one year warantee
5: good treble detail without the supertweeter amazing with!

If you are in my neck of the woods come on by, they are really something.