Rel Studio Subwoofer

Anyone out there have any info on the Rel studio subwoofer? Can find info on the studio version II and III but not the original studio if there ever was one.The blue book only lists mkII and mkIII even sumiko lists the studio III as still available maybe was before sumiko bought Rel out.
heykay
Which subs would you recommend that would equal the performance of the REL's for less money? Thanks,
-Bill
I don't have a clue. They said my amp board looked "stressed" and I needed a new one. Going to get a second opinion.
Norton,there are many independent repair/modify places around,these days.Some quite dependable.Why not try some of these?
I do know a guy in NYC named Lewis Mansky,who is "expert" at much of this stuff.He could be of help,if you are nearby.He is very capable,and an extremely nice guy.I believe he is very reasonable in the stuff he does.
I have not spoken to him in a while,and only bump into him at trade shows these days,but you should be able to look him up,if you so desire.
Best.
Thanks Sirspeedy. I'm going to have a local repair place take a look at it but I'm not going to hold my breath. I may be using the cabinet for firewood this winter.
Also with the local "hi-fi" shop being a thing of the past there is no choice but to shop on line and take another chance with a different brand.
Supposed to be very similar in build/sound to the REL's of the previous generation (before the britania models)