best interconnects and power cables for Ayre

Hi,

I have an all Ayre stack (D1xe, KXR, MXR) and was wondering what kind of cables you guys had tried and would recommend ? Goal is to avoid any fatigue while not losing anything of course...

thanks

lyp
128x128lyp
Thanks. I have Merlin speakers. I do use the D1 for video as well, but I agree it can be bettered. What about power cables ?
Perhaps the D1 can be bettered, but I think it is pretty darn good RedBook player; especially in the context of an all Ayre system. I would certainly audition the CX5 before assuming it will be an improvement for you and your ears. I would think the Cardas GR could not possibly casue fatigue, but they are a bit pricey.
The D1 - especially if it has been modified to the last iteration (it isn't currently being made any more) is a wonderful player. The C5xe however is better (not slightly) with Redbook CD's however, it also plays SACD and DVD audio which the D1 doesn't. Listening to the Tilson-Thomas Mahler SACD discs wants for nothing that I can hear. I have both units. In my all Ayre system, anything made by Cardas ruins the sound.
I have an all-Ayre stack at the other end of the extreme (AX-7e, CX-7e, P-5xe) and really like my Purist cables. My speakers are GMA Callistos.
The MAC audio cables - Mystic is no joke it has beaten several $1000+ interconnects and it is under $500. Using pure Silver ,Gold Air dialectric and Teflon with the very expensive Eichmann pure Silver conductor connections.
I compared the Acoustic zen Silver reference ,
and VooDoo cable ultralinear ,also briefly Acoustic Zen Absolute
which is way over priced at over $2k and the Mystic was
IMO just as clear and open but a little more weight in the bass midbass and tunefull.